Q. What is Search.pcprotect.com?
A: Search.pcprotect.com is a vicious computer infection which disturbs the normal working of PC components. This virus belongs to the category of browser hijacker. It affects the behavior of browser applications installed on the affected system.
Q. What is the function of this browser hijacker virus?
A: Search.pcprotect.com totally changes the basic behavior of the browser. This virus changes the core settings of the browser application. It alters the home page and new tab page of the browser. The virus also changes the search engine of the infected browser application.
Q. What happens from changing the search engine?
A: Search.pcprotect.com alters the default search engine of the infected browsers. These changes directly impacts the search results that is obtained by the search results when a user searches something on the internet. The results shown are irrelevant from the user’s point of view.
Q. Why it shows irrelevant sites?
A: The hazardous virus shows irrelevant sites in the search results. These sites are placed in the search results because they have paid the Search.pcprotect.com to list the sites on their search results. Many sites are also shown her because they are part of traffic programs.
Q. What is a traffic program?
A: A traffic program is a program where the developers of such viruses gets paid to increase traffic on particular sites. Obviously, these have paid to do so. There are other methods also through which these crooks can make money. For example referral programs and pay per click programs.
Q. Why some sites in the search results shows advertisement?
A: it is because of the pay per click and referral programs. These sites are a way for the virus developers to earn revenue. When a user clicks on any ad of these sites, the developers get paid for that. However, it is not advisable to click on these ads for your safety.
Q. How to get rid of Search.pcprotect.com?
A: There are several ways to remove Search.pcprotect.com from your infected system. You can follow the step by step guide on our site to remove this virus from your system. You can also download the automatic tool from our site to get rid of this virus.
How to Know if Your System is Infected With Search.pcprotect.com ?
Search.pcprotect.com secretly enters onto the system without the permission of the user. Once it get installed onto the PC then it bring several problems to user. It will display several annoying popup ads as well as sponsored links within the web browser. There are some major symptoms through which a user can easily understand that their PC is infected with this very infection. Given below the list of major symptoms.
- The system will behave strangely that you havent seen before
- It will display numerous popup ads on the web browser
- The background setting will change
- The PC will not load when you start the computer
- You will find that the files and folders have been deleted
- The PC will work slow
- The web browser will behave erratically
- The system will freeze frequently or the programs will run slowly
- The performance of the infected PC continues to degrade and is harmful for the infected
- system in all ways and it is therefore important to remove it at the immediate.
Following are the ways to remove the detected infection from system and make it secure from such dangerous threats
Remove Search.pcprotect.com from Windows PC!
- Using Automatic Removal Tool- Helpful in removing the infection completely and quickly.
- Removing from Control Panel – Infection needs to be uninstalled from control panel and its associated files deleted thereoff.
- Manually Removing Browser Add-ons – Unwanted Add-ons and extensions added to different browser IE, Chrome, Mozilla needs to be removed
Uninstall Search.pcprotect.com from Windows Control Panel:-
Open Control Panel and follow the instructions on your system.
For Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 you have to follow these steps:-
Click Start > Control Panel. A window will open on the screen. From there you can adjust the computer settings.
For Windows 8 you have to follow these steps:-
(a) Hover the mouse on left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
(b) Then right click on the icon to show list of accessible programs.
(c) Select Control Panel from the list. A window will open on the screen. From there you can adjust the computer settings.
The control panel window will appear. Click on Uninstall program under programs area. It will display a screen to uninstall or change the program, select the one to be removed. On the next prompt you need to confirm the uninstall process.
And lastly click on Ok to proceed with the removal of Search.pcprotect.com infection and other associated threats.
Remove Search.pcprotect.com Add-ons And Extensions From Your Browser:-
For Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Then navigate on top menu and click on Tools. Choose Manage add-ons from the list.
- Then click on Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click on Remove button to remove Search.pcprotect.com .
- Lastly click on OK to save the settings and restart the browser.
For Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Then locate and click on 3-bars icon on top left portion of the browser. Then choose Settings from the list.
- A window will open, click on Extensions which is located on left side panel.
- Then click on Remove button to remove Search.pcprotect.com .
- Now you can restart the browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser.
- click on Tools menu. From the drop-down list, Choose Add-ons to open the configuration window.
- click on Extensions tab.
- Find Search.pcprotect.com extension and Click on remove button.
Using Anti-Malware Tool To Automatically Remove Search.pcprotect.com :-
To remove Search.pcprotect.com permanently from the system you have to use Automatic Removal Tool. It is an excellent tool that effectively removes the infection completely from the system. It has powerful scanning algorithms that safely scans the whole PC and removes Search.pcprotect.com . It has user Friendly Interface and is very easy to use. It has so many advanced features like:
- It deeply scans the whole PC
- It previews the list of issues after scanning
- It easily fix and repair all issues that arises in PC performance, hardware of security, along with removing fatal threats detected within
- Complies with all Windows system WIndows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and more
User Guide: How Automatic Removal Tool Works ?
Step 1- First of all download and install Automatic Removal Tool onto your system and double click to execute it.
Step 2 – Click on the scan button so as to get the scanning process started
Step 3- After the scanning process it will preview Search.pcprotect.com , other threats as well as other issues that exist in the system and that can be removed easily from there.
Step 4- The tool provides lots of security measures and protection level settings which can make the system protected from all types of malware threats completely. Lastly after the infection is cleaned off, reboot the system and it will work properly thereafter.
How to Protect PC from being attacked by like threats in future ?
- Install an effective anti-malware program
- Always update the installed Antivirus software
- Maximize the security protection of Internet browser
- Apply full caution when using the Internet
- Download Automatic Tool to Remove Search.pcprotect.com
- Make your PC Completely Secure from Search.pcprotect.com and other Trending Online Threats