Q. What is .crypt Virus?
A. .crypt Virus is a harmful and dangerous computer infection which affects the files on the computer. This vicious virus belongs to the category of ransomware. It locks all files which are present on the system. The virus is also known to change the extension of locked files so the user can’t open these files.
Q. What is the function of .crypt Virus?
A: .crypt Virus is a ransomware which encrypts files on the attacked system. The virus encrypts file using advanced techniques. It demands money from the user to unlock the files. It asks the user to pay money in bit coins.
Q. What kind of files are encrypted by .crypt Virus?
A: Almost all known file formats can be encrypted by .crypt Virus. This ransomware can encrypt images, documents, excel sheets, data base files and many more file types. There is no file format that is not known to this virus. Even audio and video files are encrypted by this virus and its extension is changed so the user can’t start these files.
Q. Is there any exception for this ransomware?
A: For any ransomware virus found till date, there are two major and important files found which are kept in the exception list of ransomware virus. These files are exe and dll files. They are not encrypted by the virus as they are essential part of the computer and they can’t be attacked as the system will seize to start or function normally.
Q. What is bit coin?
A: .crypt Virus asks the victims to pay money in bit coin format. This is a new kind of currency. It is also known as digital currency. This currency is in trend from last few years. It is a private currency which is not created by any government. Hence they are also unable to track this currency. Any one can buy bit coin from internet in exchange of few dollars.
Q. Should I pay the ransom money?
A: The crooks at .crypt Virus will force the user to pay the ransom as soon as possible. However, you must not pay any money to these crooks. First, there is no guarantee that your files will be fixed even after paying the ransom. Second, there are many solutions developed which will remove ransomware from your system and recover your files.
Q. Is there any harm from not removing the .crypt Virus?
A: .crypt Virus is a ransomware application. It will encrypt all personal and work files on your computer. Even if the crooks will decrypt your files, they will for sure encrypt files once again after a few days. This time you have to pay the ransom money once again. This process will continue. That is why it is important to remove .crypt Virus.
How to Know if Your System is Infected With .crypt Virus ?
.crypt Virus secretly enters onto the system without the permission of the user. Once it get installed onto the PC then it bring several problems to user. It will display several annoying popup ads as well as sponsored links within the web browser. There are some major symptoms through which a user can easily understand that their PC is infected with this very infection. Given below the list of major symptoms.
- The system will behave strangely that you havent seen before
- It will display numerous popup ads on the web browser
- The background setting will change
- The PC will not load when you start the computer
- You will find that the files and folders have been deleted
- The PC will work slow
- The web browser will behave erratically
- The system will freeze frequently or the programs will run slowly
- The performance of the infected PC continues to degrade and is harmful for the infected
- system in all ways and it is therefore important to remove it at the immediate.
Following are the ways to remove the detected infection from system and make it secure from such dangerous threats
Remove .crypt Virus from Windows PC!
- Using Automatic Removal Tool- Helpful in removing the infection completely and quickly.
- Removing from Control Panel – Infection needs to be uninstalled from control panel and its associated files deleted thereoff.
- Manually Removing Browser Add-ons – Unwanted Add-ons and extensions added to different browser IE, Chrome, Mozilla needs to be removed
Uninstall .crypt Virus from Windows Control Panel:-
Open Control Panel and follow the instructions on your system.
For Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 you have to follow these steps:-
Click Start > Control Panel. A window will open on the screen. From there you can adjust the computer settings.
For Windows 8 you have to follow these steps:-
(a) Hover the mouse on left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
(b) Then right click on the icon to show list of accessible programs.
(c) Select Control Panel from the list. A window will open on the screen. From there you can adjust the computer settings.
The control panel window will appear. Click on Uninstall program under programs area. It will display a screen to uninstall or change the program, select the one to be removed. On the next prompt you need to confirm the uninstall process.
And lastly click on Ok to proceed with the removal of .crypt Virus infection and other associated threats.
Remove .crypt Virus Add-ons And Extensions From Your Browser:-
For Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Then navigate on top menu and click on Tools. Choose Manage add-ons from the list.
- Then click on Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click on Remove button to remove .crypt Virus .
- Lastly click on OK to save the settings and restart the browser.
For Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Then locate and click on 3-bars icon on top left portion of the browser. Then choose Settings from the list.
- A window will open, click on Extensions which is located on left side panel.
- Then click on Remove button to remove .crypt Virus .
- Now you can restart the browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox browser.
- click on Tools menu. From the drop-down list, Choose Add-ons to open the configuration window.
- click on Extensions tab.
- Find .crypt Virus extension and Click on remove button.
Using Anti-Malware Tool To Automatically Remove .crypt Virus :-
To remove .crypt Virus permanently from the system you have to use Automatic Removal Tool. It is an excellent tool that effectively removes the infection completely from the system. It has powerful scanning algorithms that safely scans the whole PC and removes .crypt Virus . It has user Friendly Interface and is very easy to use. It has so many advanced features like:
- It deeply scans the whole PC
- It previews the list of issues after scanning
- It easily fix and repair all issues that arises in PC performance, hardware of security, along with removing fatal threats detected within
- Complies with all Windows system WIndows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and more
User Guide: How Automatic Removal Tool Works ?
Step 1- First of all download and install Automatic Removal Tool onto your system and double click to execute it.
Step 2 – Click on the scan button so as to get the scanning process started
Step 3- After the scanning process it will preview .crypt Virus , other threats as well as other issues that exist in the system and that can be removed easily from there.
Step 4- The tool provides lots of security measures and protection level settings which can make the system protected from all types of malware threats completely. Lastly after the infection is cleaned off, reboot the system and it will work properly thereafter.
How to Protect PC from being attacked by like threats in future ?
- Install an effective anti-malware program
- Always update the installed Antivirus software
- Maximize the security protection of Internet browser
- Apply full caution when using the Internet
- Download Automatic Tool to Remove .crypt Virus
- Make your PC Completely Secure from .crypt Virus and other Trending Online Threats